The Business Sustainability Programme consists of five e-learning modules and has been designed to provide flexibility and convenience.
You can undertake the programme in your own time. There is no limit to the number of times you can access the programme, and you can return each time to the point at which you previously left off.
To gain maximum benefit from the programme we recommend that the modules are undertaken in numerical order. However, you may review the modules in any order if you wish.
Module 1 - What are Business Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility?
- Introduction to Business Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
- The Corporate Responsibility timeline
- The international context
- Key controversies
- The role of the business professional
Module 2 - What is the business case for Corporate Responsibility?
- Market mechanisms
- Scope of a company’s responsibilities
Module 3 - Corporate Responsibility in action
- Case studies
Module 4 - How do businesses embed Corporate Responsibility?
- Identifying and prioritising stakeholders and issues
- Developing policies and strategies for Corporate Responsibility
- Performance measurement and monitoring
- Communicating progress to stakeholders
Module 5 - What will you do? (A personal and corporate action plan)
- This module concludes the programme by helping you to put theory into action
In addition there is a substantial Resource section which features:
- Key definitions and related terms
- Weblinks to related organisations and institutes, toolkits and other useful sites
- Landmark reports, policies and agreements
- Additional detail on the content of the first four modules
- Additional case studies