ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

Become an ICAEW insolvency licence holder

If you want to become an ICAEW licensed insolvency practitioner and carry out insolvency work under the Insolvency Act 1986, you must:

If you're not an ICAEW member, you can be licensed by ICAEW if you also become an affiliate of ICAEW. The application form below combines the licence application and the application for affiliate status and can be used by non-members.

Application form

To apply for an insolvency licence, please download the application form. 

Fee scales

You'll need to log in to view the fee scales. If you don't have a user ID and password, please contact us by email and we’ll send you a copy.

Did you know? 

You don’t have to be an ICAEW Chartered Accountant to qualify and be licensed as an insolvency practitioner (IP) with ICAEW. By choosing ICAEW as your single regulator, we can reduce the administrative burden and offer current and future IPs a wealth of benefits and support.
Find out more.