Philip Nicol-Gent was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1991 and practised as a barrister until 2000 when he moved to Guernsey to work for the Attorney-General. He was called to the Guernsey Bar in 2003 following some study at L'Université de Caen in Normandy. Philip acted for both the Government and the Guernsey Financial Services Commission as well as holding appointments from the Royal Court as an amicus curiae in complex cases. Between 2009 and 2012 Philip was a delegate of HM Solicitor-General for Guernsey. In 2011 Philip moved to the Financial Services Commission. He was a Regulatory Director between 2011 and 2013, the General Counsel between 2013 and 2020 and now works for the Commission on a part-time basis as a Senior Counsel.
Declaration of Interests
Membership of, or interests in, formal bodies or groups, including other professional bodies
- Barrister, England and Wales (called to the Bar by the Inner Temple)
- Advocate, Royal Court of Guernsey
- Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society
- Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- Audit Committee of the Royal Aeronautical Society
Membership of ICAEW Council, ICAEW Boards and other ICAEW Committees
Partnerships, Directorships or beneficial interests in companies
Professional or social relationships with individuals who have business relationships or who compete with ICAEW
Any other matters you feel should be identified
- ICAEW registered firm Chavereys are Examiners of the accounts of the General Aviation Safety Council LBG on which I am the Royal Meteorological Society's representative.
- Crowe U.K. LLP, a firm registered to carry on audit work by the ICAEW are the auditors of the Royal Aeronautical Society of whose Audit Committee I am a member.