Business mentors needed to support entrepreneurial women in Wales
In a survey undertaken by the University of South Wales (USW) one of the most valued support for women either starting or sustaining their business is access to business mentors as experienced and informal sources of guidance in addition to business advisors.
What are the advantages of Business Mentoring?
As a key component of business support provision, ICAEW (Wales) members are able to play a key part in supporting entrepreneurial women in Wales by becoming mentors and joining the already established service of the Business Wales’ service.
Business Wales has over 500 mentors, of which 38% are women, available as part of its service that are ready to help businesses on their journey to start, sustain or grow your business, and if you would prefer a woman mentor just ask.
The Business Wales Mentoring Programme is for business owners who want help to market or grow their business, implement a change in their business, or need inspiration to help deal with a particular challenge.
How ICAEW can help
As a qualified chartered accountant, you will understand the needs of small and medium sized business in Wales. Could you give something back through sharing your business knowledge and experience? If the answer is yes, then we invite you to consider volunteer mentoring through Business Wales mentoring.
Our mentors need to have:
- Experience from either small or large business environments - this may include senior management experience in a corporate environment or successfully operate their own business.
- Empathy for small business operators and entrepreneurs with a genuine desire to assist.
- Experience of the issues faced by businesses in Wales.
- An ability to communicate with, and win the confidence of others.
- Willing to undertake induction and ongoing training.
You will need to have a good, broad understanding of business. Many businesses look for mentors who have expertise in particular areas or functions, such as:
- Finance and accounting
- Sales and marketing
- Strategy and business planning
- IT communications
- Legal/compliance issues
If you feel this is an opportunity for you then please get in touch.