In total, 5,000 students sat exams in November, and achieved the following pass rates:
- Case Study: 80.5%
- Corporate Reporting: 80.3%
- Strategic Business Management: 85.8%.
Hazel Garvey, ICAEW Managing Director for Education and Training, said:
“Well done to all of our students who passed their Advanced Level exams in November, and further congratulations to those who achieved an international Annual or Subject Order of Merit.
“We wish all ICAEW students the best of luck in their careers.”
Advanced Level, November 2021
International Annual Orders of Merit
First place and the Peat prize
- Ho Kwong Chris Chung, Milton Keynes (PwC LLP)
Second place and the Deloitte prize
- Sandeep Day, Birmingham (Deloitte LLP)
Third place and the Fletcher prize
- Anonymous, Woking (BDO LLP)
Fourth place and the Strachan prize
- Birger Rienaecker, Birmingham (PwC LLP)
Fifth place and the William G Frazer prize
- Rebecca Burrell, Chelmsford (Deloitte LLP)
Joint sixth place and the Tattersall-Walker prize
- Matthew Han, London (EY LLP)
- Matthew Prior, Chislehurst (Civil Service Finance Fast Stream)
- Henry Sturges, Worthing (Alvarez and Marsal Valuation Services LLP)
- Anonymous, Leicester (PwC LLP)
Joint tenth place
- Lucy Marshall, Gerrards Cross (Myers Clark Limited)
- Samuel Thorpe, Portsmouth (Mazars LLP)
Joint twelfth place
Christopher de Bruin, Cheadle (Grant Thornton UK LLP)
Grace Rawlins, Southampton (BDO LLP)
International Subject Orders of Merit
First place and the Whinney prize
- Zhuoxin Lam, London (Deloitte LLP)
First place and the Quilter prize
- Fergus Neve, London (KPMG LLP)
Strategic Business Management
First place and the Walton prize
- Anonymous, Nicosia (PwC LLP)
Notes to editors:
There are more than 1.8m chartered accountants and students around the world and 186,500 of them are members and students of ICAEW. They are talented, ethical and committed professionals, which is why all of the top 100 Global Brands employ chartered accountants.
ICAEW promotes inclusivity, diversity and fairness. We attract talented individuals into the profession and give them the skills and values they need to build resilient businesses, economies and societies, while ensuring our planet’s resources are managed sustainably.
Founded in 1880, we have a long history of serving the public interest and we continue to work with governments, regulators and business leaders around the world. And, as an improvement regulator, we supervise and monitor over 12,000 firms, holding them, and all ICAEW members and students, to the highest standards of professional competency and conduct.
ICAEW is proud to be part of Chartered Accountants Worldwide, a global network of 750,000 members across 190 countries, which promotes the expertise and skills of chartered accountants on a global basis.
We believe that chartered accountancy can be a force for positive change. By sharing our insight, expertise and understanding we can help to create strong economies and a sustainable future for all.
*Source: CAW, 2020 – Interbrand, Best Global Brands 2019