In total, 4,482 students sat exams in September, and achieved the following pass rates:
- Audit and Assurance: 74.2%
- Business Planning: Banking: 66%
- Business Planning: Insurance: 79.2%
- Business Planning: Taxation: 73.2%
- Business Strategy and Technology: 86.4%
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: IFRS: 80.9%
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: UK GAAP: 57.1%
- Financial Management: 77.9%
- Tax Compliance: 88.4%
Hazel Garvey, ICAEW Managing Director for Education and Training, said:
“Well done to all of our students who passed their Professional Level exams in September, and further congratulations to those who received our subject orders of merit prizes.
“We wish all ICAEW students the best of luck for their future studies and careers.”
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL, SEPTEMBER 2021
SUBJECT ORDERS OF MERIT
Business Strategy and Technology
First place and the Railton prize
- Shona Eustace, Newton Abbot (Harrier LLC)
Audit and Assurance
First place and the Watts prize
- Yu Chen Pan, Reading (KPMG LLP)
First place and the Howitt prize
- Rebecca Keenan, London (PwC LLP)
Financial Accounting and Reporting
Joint first place and the Spicer and Pegler prize
- Gabrielle Anderson, London (Civil Service Finance Fast Stream)
- Charlotte Bodger, Warrington (Grant Thornton UK LLP)
- Shannon Goodwin, Benfleet (Haysmacintyre LLP)
- Samuel Orbell, Norwich (BDO LLP)
- Matthew Potter, Telford (KPMG LLP)
- Jacob Routley, Hove (Grant Thornton UK LLP)
- Anonymous, London (PwC LLP)
First place and the Knox prize
- Andrew Loy, Ilkey (PwC LLP)
Business Planning: Taxation
First place and the Little prize
- David Barker, Leeds (Sagars Accountants Ltd)
Business Planning: Banking
- Callum Corbett, London (PwC LLP)
Notes to editors:
There are more than 1.8m chartered accountants and students around the world and 186,500 of them are members and students of ICAEW. They are talented, ethical and committed professionals, which is why all of the top 100 Global Brands employ chartered accountants.
ICAEW promotes inclusivity, diversity and fairness. We attract talented individuals into the profession and give them the skills and values they need to build resilient businesses, economies and societies, while ensuring our planet’s resources are managed sustainably.
Founded in 1880, we have a long history of serving the public interest and we continue to work with governments, regulators and business leaders around the world. And, as an improvement regulator, we supervise and monitor over 12,000 firms, holding them, and all ICAEW members and students, to the highest standards of professional competency and conduct.
ICAEW is proud to be part of Chartered Accountants Worldwide, a global network of 750,000 members across 190 countries, which promotes the expertise and skills of chartered accountants on a global basis.
We believe that chartered accountancy can be a force for positive change. By sharing our insight, expertise and understanding we can help to create strong economies and a sustainable future for all.
*Source: CAW, 2020 – Interbrand, Best Global Brands 2019