ICAEW Investment Committee Chair and Committee Member
The ICAEW is inviting applications from its members to volunteer on the ICAEW Investment Committee. There are currently two vacancies, a committee chair and a committee member.
The Committee is responsible for the appropriate investment of ICAEW’s assets, to meet budgets, capital requirements and to generate an appropriate risk-adjusted return. This responsibility includes monitoring performance of the fund managers to ensure that the investment aims, and objectives are being met and that the fund managers are adhering to their mandate.
The successful candidates will be ICAEW members and able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- An ability to think strategically.
- Investment management and/or investment banking background or be involved with oversight of significant (£100m+) investment funds in an organisation.
- Ability to analyse complex information, to question, probe and seek clarification and come to an independent and unbiased view.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate investment performance, scrutinise the performance, service levels and fees of fund managers, and provide sound advice to the Board on investment strategy and management.
- Understanding and commitment to ICAEW’s objectives.
- Be able to contribute to discussion and decision-making and apply knowledge and experience appropriately to the work of the Committee.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and hold others to account in a constructive and open manner.
- Experience of chairing meetings (Chair role)
- A demonstrable commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The roles are unpaid but expenses relating to the meetings will be reimbursed.
How to apply:
- Complete the short application form and send this together with your CV to James.Schirn@icaew.com
- Complete the diversity monitoring form
- Deadline for application is 5pm on 24 June 2021.
ICAEW is fully committed to enhancing the diversity of its committee membership. We believe the profession, and our own organisation, does best when it reflects the society we serve. From the beginning, our profession was one which was open to the most talented, regardless of background – and this continues today.
You can read our Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Learning and Professional Development Board and Assessment Committee
Learning and Professional Development Board (LPDB)
Responsible for overseeing the development of ICAEW’s learning and professional development strategy and policies in relation to: provisional members and other students, Authorised Training Employers and Authorised Training Principals, practising certificate requirements and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The Assessment Committee is accountable to the LPDB.
The Assessment Committee is accountable to the LPDB. The Committee is responsible for ratifying examination results and dealing with all matters relating to assessment.
ICAEW Members and Commercial board and Committees
ICAEW Members and Commercial Board (IMCB)
Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of policies, actions and the operational plan in the area of ICAEW member services and ICAEW commercial services.
Member services are broadly those services provided to members within the annual subscription.
Commercial services are broadly those offered to members outside of the annual subscription and to non-members on a commercial basis and which generate income.
The Business Committee, Practice Committee, Ethics Advisory Committee and Support Members Steering Group are accountable to IMCB.
We also have a number of ICAEW Member communities that are accountable to IMCB.
The Business Committee is a non-executive body of standing, authority and influence through which members in business can represent their views to ICAEW and vice versa.
Ethics Advisory Committee
The Ethics Advisory Committee is responsible for overseeing the Ethics Advisory Service in its role providing ethical advice and support to members, students and affiliates.
ICAEW Practice Committee (IPC)
The IPC is a non-executive body of standing, authority and influence through which Members Engaged in Public Practice (as defined in the electoral regulations) can represent their views to ICAEW and vice versa.
Membership of the IPC is by elections and co-options.
Professional standards committees
We are recruiting for ICAEW members to serve on our professional conduct and regulatory committees.
Technical Strategy Board
We regularly recruit for members, and non-members, to join ICAEW Technical Strategy boards and committees. The technical committees guide our work interacting with regulators, standard setters and legislators.
We are committed to diversity at ICAEW. We believe the profession, and our own organisation, does best when it reflects the society we serve. From the beginning, our profession was one which was open to the most talented, regardless of background – and this continues today.