Who were the top tweeting accountants in 2015?
- Publish date: 25 January 2016
- Archived on: 19 January 2017
The UK’s ‘most influential’ chartered accountants online have been unveiled in a new list by ICAEW.
- ICAEW has developed a new algorithm to measure the top social media influencers for UK-based individuals tweeting on accountancy, tax, audit and finance.
- The first #ICAEWROAR list is chosen using a formula, tailored to emphasise quality over quantity.
ICAEW commercial executive director Sharron Gunn said: “We’re delighted that these self-made social media influencers are demonstrating that they have a real impact in the accountancy profession. We want to highlight their influence, not just by counting their army of Twitter followers but by measuring their contribution to the profession and its profile.”
The Top 10 Online ICAEW Influencers:
- Heather Townsend @HeatherTowns
- Rebecca Benneyworth @rbeccabeneworth (LSCA)
- Mark Lee @BookMarkLee (LSCA)
- Amy Taylor @amyaccountant
- Mitch The Tax Man @MitchTheTaxMan
- Paul Aplin @PaulAplinOnTax
- Dennis Howlett @dahowlett (LSCA)
- Heather Self @hselftax
- Stuart Crook @WellersSME
- Elaine Clark @cheapaccounting
Placing more emphasis on topical engagement of the authors’ tweets than the amount they’ve tweeted, the algorithm considers visibility, relevance and tone of voice, to reaction and audience engagement over the course of this year.