ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

This is exclusive content

Which taxes should a company bear in mind when buying investment property?

Archived content

This page has been archived because it is no longer current information but is still relevant, or it is current but over 12 months old
  • Publish date: 01 November 2017
  • Archived on: 01 November 2018

Q: My client company is thinking of buying a residential property to let out. Apart from paying tax on rent received, what other taxes should be considered for purchase and/or subsequent disposal?

A: The following taxes should be considered: 

1. Capital Gains Tax: TCGA 1992, Sch B1 & Sch4ZZB S4 (for calculation where mixed use)