Business rates holiday for nursery businesses - coronavirus
24 March 2020: there is a business rates holiday for nurseries for the 2020/21 tax year.
|OFFICIAL GUIDANCE:||Business Rates Holiday for Nurseries|
Key features of the scheme
- Nurseries will receive a business rates holiday for the 2020/21 tax year.
- Businesses will receive a bill showing no business rates charge for the 2020/21 tax year. Those who had already received bills for the 2020/21 tax year will be rebilled.
Eligibility and additional features
- To be eligible premises must be:
- occupied by providers on Ofsted’s Early Years Register, and
- wholly or mainly used for the provision of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Premises that are occupied but not wholly or mainly used for the purposes above will not qualify for the relief.
- Premises which have closed temporarily due to the government’s advice on COVID19 will be treated as occupied for the purposes of this relief.
- Businesses should contact their local authority with any questions they may have about the scheme.