ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

Worldwide partnerships

The International Affairs and European Affairs teams at ICAEW have extensive contact with major accountancy bodies worldwide.The teams ensure that accounting experts represent ICAEW at high profile events around the world. These opportunities enable us to promote the standards and quality of our qualifications and bring those standards to the world accountancy platform.

Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA)

Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) logo

The Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) represents national accountancy organisations in the Asia-Pacific region. 

CAPA is by far the largest regional accountancy organisation and its geographical area spans half the globe!

With staff in Malaysia, Hong Kong and mainland China and more than 10,000 members in CAPA countries, the ICAEW has confirmed its commitment to the region by joining CAPA as an affiliate member.

Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB)

CCAB logo

CCAB’s core purpose is to promote sustainable growth in the UK economy through the UK accountancy profession.

CCAB has five members – ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland - and provides a forum for the bodies to work together collectively in the public interest on matters affecting the profession and the wider economy.

Fédération des Experts Comptables Européens (FEE)

Fédération des Experts Comptables Européens (FEE) logo

The Fédération des Experts Comptables Européens (FEE) is the representative organisation for the accountancy profession in Europe. 

FEE's membership consists of 41 professional institutes of accountants from 29 countries. FEE member bodies represent more than 500,000 accountants in Europe. Roughly 45% of these accountants work in public practice, providing a wide range of services to clients. The other 55% work in various capacities in industry, commerce, government and education.

Martin Manuzi, Head of European Affairs at the ICAEW, is the Technical Advisor to the UK representative on FEE Council.

International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)

International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) logo

The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) is an independent, privately-funded accountancy standard setting board based in London.

IASB Board Members come from nine countries and have a variety of functional backgrounds. The Board co-operates with national accounting standard setters to achieve convergence in accounting standards around the world.

International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)

International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) logo

The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) was founded in 1977. The ICAEW was one of 63 founding members and has always regarded its membership as vital.

Support from IFAC

IFAC Board

Robert Hodgkinson, Executive Director, Technical at the ICAEW, is a board member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).

The IFAC board meets four times a year and is responsible for setting policy and overseeing IFAC operations, the implementation of programs, and the work of IFAC boards and committees.

UK India Business Council (UKIBC)

UK India Business Council (UKIBC) logo

UK India Business Council (UKIBC) seeks to play an influential role in creating and sustaining an environment in which free-trade and investment flourishes. A key objective in this regard is the highlighting, and dismantling, of bureaucratic and regulatory barriers to entry.

Through the facilitation of partnerships, and with the support of an extensive network of influential corporate and individual members, UKIBC provides the resource, knowledge and infrastructure support vital for UK companies to make the most of emerging opportunities in India.