The Women in Finance Network was launched by the Business and Management faculty in September 2006. Its aim is to share experiences and to help members with personal development.
To achieve this, a steering group that consists of volunteer members, organises a number of networking events throughout the year.
For any enquiries about the network, please contact Julia Root-Gutteridge on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)20 7920 8862.
Women in Finance: Navigating Your Career – managing your next step
As female accountants build their careers, identifying opportunities and working environments which best suit their strengths, ambitions and personal lives is crucial – this event aims to give you vital insight to help you make the right career choice for your unique journey.
At this event, you will hear from a diverse panel of respected speakers from practice, business, academia, the third sector and the public sector who will share their experiences of moving between different sectors, organisations and working cultures.
Focusing on the transition from practice to business, this event will provide advice and inspiration which is relevant to all women in finance who are considering a change in direction.
Tuesday 31st July 2018
Location: Chartered Accountants’ Hall
18:30 Panel discussion
20:00 Networking reception
20:30 Event Close
Cost: £15 ICAEW members, students and associated bodies; £25 non-members . Please sign up here
- Spring networking drinks with short keynote speech from Lucy Thomas, Managing Director of Trading at Sky
- Can a woman have it all? Emma Codd, Alison Dungworth, Kath Haines, Hilary Lindsay, Helen C Stevens
- Tips for managing and motivating global cross-cultural teams - Erica Smart, Dr Kellie Vincent, Mary Douglas, Helen C Stevens
- Festive social and wine tasting
- Leading with charisma - Meen Adams, Penny Bickerstaff, Richard J Hunt CBE, Andrea Slater
- Understanding communication styles to increase your leadership impact - Christine Griffin
- Easy ways to deal with difficult people - Nancy Slessenger
- How to make successful connections and influence people - Heather White
- Smart networking: mapping, segmenting and making the most of your contacts - Siobhan Soraghan
- Building and enhancing your profile through social media - Daisy and Tayler Cresswell
- Coaching throughout your career - Anne Scoular, Liz Rylatt, Clare Robinson, Anna Williams
- Find your inner leader through psychometric testing - Martin Goodwill
- Selling numbers to the financially illiterate - Adam Wilkinson
- Keeping connected
2016 marks the 10th anniversary of ICAEW’s Women in Finance Network. Emma Riddell provides a reminder of all the faculty has to offer.
- Women in Accountancy
What ICAEW is doing to support our female members.
- Women in Business - reading list
A collection of books, articles and guides on topics of interest to women working in business and accountancy.
Women in Finance Network
Members, Commercial and Shared Services
Chartered Accountants' Hall
Telephone: +44(0)20 7920 8508