A Career in Financial Service workshop - Nicosia
On Wednesday 24 May 2017, ICAEW and Globaltraining jointly organised a workshop on ‘A Career in Financial Services’ at the University of Nicosia. The discussion brought together 65 participants, including ACA students and many younger members.The workshop explored the process of moving from practice to business and the skills needed within the financial services industry.
Topics included effective teamwork, leadership skills, adaptability, resilience, emotional intelligence and the importance of commercial awareness. The top range panellists were ICAEW members who shared their very different career paths, lessons learnt and advice on the above topics from their professional experience throughout the years. They gave inspiration to the participants but also insightful advice concerning their choices and the skills they have to develop.
ICAEW would like to thank participants and the panellists:
• Nicholas Defteras, Deputy CEO, Forextime
• Clea Evagorou, Director Risk Advisory, Deloitte Cyprus
• Eliza Livadiotou, Chief Financial Officer, Bank of Cyprus Group
• Tonia Parpa, Manager Reinsurance, CNPAsfalistiki
• Andreas Philaniotis, CEO Sberbank Cyprus
• Odysseus Tavros, Director, Globaltraining