New ICAEW communities and a new look for 2019
Six new ICAEW communities are being launched following another year of strong growth, with membership soaring to over 43,000, reports Sharron Gunn, Executive Director, Members, Commercial & Shared Services at ICAEW.
To build on this growth, not only has ICAEW given them a new visual identity, it has also launched six new communities as part of the 2019 Membership Renewal campaign.
ICAEW has now 25 communities and the new communities are:
- Retail: Retail is undergoing a seismic change: new technologies and changes in consumer behaviour are disrupting the retail market as we know it. Our new Retail Community will help members to connect with fellow finance professionals and stay up to date with the latest developments in this fast changing sector environment.
- Independent Advisers & Consultants: This new community will offer practical support and guidance for anyone in independent roles including interim managers, part-time finance directors, consultants, self-employed or those looking to change their career.
- Construction & Real Estate: Offering a range of insights and updates on technical and industry matters, this community brings together members with other professionals working in the sector.
- The Practitioner Business Advice Community: Offering industry-leading tools, resources, events, insights on topics such as MTD, Brexit and becoming a Virtual FD, this community will help practitioners to develop advisory services and increase their Business Advice Service (BAS) offering to clients.
- And finally, recognising that the previous Charity & Voluntary Sector Community consisted of both those who work in the sector alongside those who volunteer (and some who do both), ICAEW has created two new distinct communities to make sure everyone gets the best value out of their membership. The Volunteering Community will offer members access to our Trustee Training Modules, professional liability insurance for all volunteering activities with UK not for profit organisations, and regular newsletters with information on volunteering issues and current opportunities. The Charity Finance Professionals Community offers a wide range of help sheets and information on technical and compliance matters for those working in the charity sector, alongside access to a range of relevant events and webinars.
Sharron Gunn is Executive Director, Members, Commercial & Shared Services at ICAEW.
Liked this? Read these: