To deliver our new accountancy apprenticeships, you will need to become and ICAEW Partner in learning (or an ICAEW Authorised Training Employer, if you are an employer provider). If you’re not already a Partner in Learning, its straightforward and free for you to apply. Once approved you will benefit from the full range of services and support we provide.
To find out more about becoming an ICAEW Partner in Learning, visit icaew.com/partnerinlearning.
As a training provider who wants to deliver apprenticeships you must first read the guidance.
Any organisation which wants to deliver apprenticeships must be listed on the new Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). This will apply whether you are delivering to a levied employer or a non-levied employer. In order to deliver apprenticeships with ICAEW you must be listed on the RoATP.
The Register can be accessed on the government website.
The register opens for applications four times a year only, so please check the Government website for the next opening.
The registration process will assess your ability to deliver high quality apprenticeships, as well as your financial health and eligibility to receive public funding. ESFA provides specific instructions on how to apply to the register.
There are three routes onto the register:
- main provider - organisations that can be selected by levy paying employers to deliver apprenticeship training, or selected by another main provider to work as a subcontractor
- employer provider – levy paying employers who are permitted to provide training to their own staff or to apprentices in their connected companies. They cannot deliver training to other unconnected organisations
- supporting provider - organisations that only deliver as a subcontractor for contract values between £100,000 and £500,000 per year in total
You may speak to organisations who are keen to offer our new accountancy apprenticeship to their employees. In order to do this, they will also need to be authorised by us. If they are not already an ICAEW authorised training employer (ATE), it’s simple to set them up.
For more information about becoming an ATE, employers can visit icaew.com/trainaca
Support from ICAEW
We are here to support you and your students every step of the way. Here are just some of the ways in which we can help you to get your apprenticeship delivery off to a great start:
- access to a dedicated manager at ICAEW, who will be on hand to support you throughout the EPA process.
- access to ICAEW learning materials to support your teaching;
- receive exclusive invitations to our annual conferences, updates and events;
- benefit from the use of our ICAEW Partner in Learning logo on your marketing materials, as well as visibility on our website;
- receive regular newsletters and alerts; and
- receive regular copies of our student and member magazines to keep up-to-date.