Leading speakers will provide you with insight and tangible advice on the latest in tech.
Lead the way
Embrace lifelong learning and leverage important trends in tech.
Leverage new technical skills with up to eight hours of CPD.
Grow your network by meeting with like-minded tech experts and stay ahead of the curve.
Experience the latest in tech at our event with partners waiting to demonstrate their latest innovations.
We recognise that your travel will produce CO2 emissions which is why we have committed to offset your journey.
Experience a full day of curated sessions, connections over lunch and stay ahead with inspiring talks about the future of technology and AI in the accountancy profession.
Please note the programme is subject to change.
- Welcome breakfast and registration
- Welcome address | Iain Wright, ICAEW
- Chair's opening remarks | Zoe Kleinman, BBC
- Keynote: Will ChatGPT take my job? | Nir Evron, Microsoft
- Working towards a net-zero future | Nat Pullin, Fujitsu
- Accounting for ESG: The where, when and what | MHA
- Finance transformation in a digital world - the hype vs reality | David Anderson, Deloitte
- Green Accounting – shaping the net zero pathway | Auditel
- How to get the most from your Cloud investments | Will Farnell, App Advisory Plus
- Optional sponsored lunch sessions with seating: A) Cloud Audit with Caseware OR B) Digital transformation for accounting and finance - Driving adoption for future success with BlackLine
- 13:00 - 13:30
- Session A) Cloud Audit with CaseWare
- Session B) Digital transformation for accounting and finance - Driving adoption for future success with BlackLine
- Driving digital transformation by connecting Close to Control | FloQast
- Forging a powerful partnership: Taking the pain out of automation and integration | Accounts IQ
- Discover Xero's App Store to help you and your clients thrive | Xero
- AI: from fantasy to reality | Tax Systems
- Using technology to harness the growing potential of mid-market outsourcing | Xledger
- The AI advantage: steps to future-proof your practice | FreeAgent
- Technology, audit quality and professional judgement | Franki Hackett & Shamus Rae, Engine B
- Partner session*
- Understand the benefits of a seamless audit workflow from a single solution | Confirmation
- Keynote: Taking your team on the technology journey | Lola Abitogun, Founder, Alchemy HR
- Chair's closing remarks | Zoe Kleinman, BBC
- Networking and drinks
*Session details to be announced soon.
Fancy a chat? We're here for you
If you need to unplug from all things tech and have a chat about something on your mind, we can help you lighten the load during a 15-minute confidential session with one of our very own support officers.
We recognise that your travel to this event will produce CO2 emissions, which is why we have committed to offset your journey by financing our chosen certified climate projects in areas where we can make the most impact, contributing to several of the UN SDGs. We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint and promoting sustainable development.
Lola started her career as a Graduate Tax Advisor and went on to qualify as a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) during her time at Deloitte. However, having discovered her passion for Human Resources (HR), in 2017, she made the decision to make a career change into HR. She quickly progressed in the HR space and in 2021, founded Alchemy HR, a boutique HR consultancy specialising in helping clients to build high performing HR teams. Her clients include some of the most impressive start-ups and scale-ups across crypto, marketing and fintech industries. Lola also advises employers on how to attract the best young talent. This advice is often unpinned by her Masters degree dissertation research project which focussed on employer attractiveness to Gen Z employees.
App Advisory Plus is the UK's leading independent directory of accounting integrated apps and software platforms with a highly engaged audience of accountants and individuals who are looking to review and recommend accounting integrated apps and software platforms. Will is author of the Digital Firm, consultant and mentor to accounting firms looking to deliver effective digital transformation in their firms. A regular speaker in relation to how accounting firms can leverage technology to achieve practice growth and delivering consulting services to firms of accountants supporting them in becoming a digital practice.
During her time at Microsoft she worked with global organisations to activate their cultural, business and sustainability transformation working on projects such as carbon accounting for assured data, net-zero measurement, water management and inclusive workplaces. In this decade of action, Natalie believes that digital technology has a critical role to play in scaling impact as we broaden the breadth of data collected and move from disclosures to using sustainability data for business activities.
It was really valuable to have this clear space to pay attention to the speakers in real life and to chat to fellow attendees...Wouldn't have got this in a virtual conference.
Amazing event as always provided by ICAEW, look forward to the return of in person events.
A really thought-provoking and inspiring event which showcases the range of opportunities available for those of us working in practice.
There was a great mix of speakers and topics, a chance to listen to the latest thoughts and to reflect on the way forward both personally and for the business.
In partnership with
ICAEW works with global companies that support the finance profession to bring you the best events possible.
Headline Partner: MHA
Session Partners: Accounts IQ, Auditel, Blackline, CaseWare, Confirmation, FloQast, FreeAgent, Tax Systems, Xero, XLedger
Exhibition Partners: Allica Bank, Circit, Howden, Marsh Commercial, Mitigo, MyWorkpapers, Quadient AP by Beanworks, Sage, Swoop, Workday
Supported by: Engine B, Microsoft
The opinions expressed by external guest speakers in interviews or other publications included on this website are, by their nature, those of the speaker. They are not necessarily fully endorsed by ICAEW or purport to reflect the official policies and views of ICAEW or its members.
See all our events
ICAEW runs a variety of events in support of financial professionals in business and practice. From full-day conferences offering the latest updates for specific sectors to webinars offering support on technical areas and communication skills. There are hundreds of learning opportunities available.