Other degree students
Do you want to show employers that you have a keen interest in a career in accountancy even though you are not studying an accounting, finance or business degree?
Joining ICAEW as a student member, under our new University Student Scheme, not only supports your professional development for a career in accountancy, finance and/or business, it also keeps you up-to-date with current news and issues related to these disciplines and provides added value to your CV.
Join ICAEW today
- Show employers that although you are not studying an accountancy, finance or business degree at university, you have a keen interest in accountancy and are serious about pursuing a career in this area in the future.
- Differentiate yourself from the competition by adding ICAEW Student Member to your CV. Our Tip: Put it towards the top of your CV to get noticed.
- Have the option to start your journey towards the ACA qualification. This will set you apart from your peers.
- Start developing your career towards becoming an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest accountancy and business issues and/or developments.
- Gain access to valuable resources that will support your studies and help you get the job you want, including skills training and training vacancy opportunities.
- Network with employers, ICAEW members and current ACA students at FREE national and regional events across the UK.
Added Value - When you go for that all important job interview, don't forget to mention that your ICAEW student membership is keeping you up-to-date. ICAEW membership not only benefits you but will benefit an organisation too in making sure they are compliant with key legislation and good practice.
Benefits of University Student Scheme membership
- Student membership for the duration of your degree studies for a one-off fee of £20.
- Online access to VITAL magazine – providing student support on exam techniques, professional skills, news updates and much more.
- FREE webinars covering employability skills, professional skills and technical topics.
- FREE access to local student society events and networks, including new starter events, careers and skills seminars, pan-professional events, annual balls, quiz nights.
- Access to the ICAEW library and information services. Gain access to the books and materials your course mates won’t have.
- Access to the student online community with its blogs and Ask a Tutor sessions, to provide you with exam-related support and contact with ACA students globally.
- Option to purchase high-quality learning materials reviewed and approved by our examiners.
- Access to study support. You will receive regular newsletters with study help and advice, be able to view past papers and gain access to a free dedicated student helpline.
- FREE editions of ICAEW Training Vacancies will be sent to you, which details authorised training employers who offer ACA training vacancies.
- Preferential rates on a range of lifestyle products and services, including Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, Hertz - Car Rental and InterContinental Hotels.
and don't forget to add ICAEW membership to your CV and differentiate yourself in the job market.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Your university will need to be included in the pilot project offering the scheme. If you are not sure whether this is the case, please contact us at email@example.com and we will let you know.
- You will need to be registered as a university student.
- You can be studying any degree subject - we just suggest you have an interest in a career in accountancy, finance and business.
Once you have confirmed that your university is taking part in the pilot scheme:
- Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
- Once completed please return your form to: University Student Scheme, ICAEW, Finance, PO Box 6173, Milton Keynes, MK10 1TW, UK.
When you are successfully registered for the scheme you will receive your student number and login details for the secure student website. You can then decide whether you wish to:
- Apply for credits for prior learning (if applicable).
- Study for the other modules alongside your degree or wait until after you have graduated.
If you already have an ACA training agreement arranged for when you have graduated, we recommend you speak with your employer to decide your next steps.
Look out for the ICAEW team visiting your university soon. We are always keen to meet our student members.
If you require further information about the University Student Scheme please email us.