Accountancy, finance and business students
Are you studying an accountancy, finance or business degree and want to stand out from the crowd?
Joining ICAEW as a student member, under our new University Student Scheme, keeps you up to date with current accountancy, finance and business issues, and supports your professional development for a career in accountancy. You have the option to start your journey towards the ACA qualification alongside your degree, which means you are already on a career path to chartered accountancy by the time you graduate.
Join ICAEW today
- Differentiate yourself from other students studying accounting, finance or business by adding ICAEW Student Member to your CV. Our Tip: Put it towards the top of your CV to get noticed
- Demonstrate your interest in a career in accountancy, finance and business beyond your degree.
- Develop your career towards becoming an ICAEW Chartered Accountant by claiming your credit for prior learning (exemptions) free of charge.
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest legislation, best practice, issues and developments in accountancy, finance and business. This will help you in your current studies and can be referenced in your course work, dissertations and in exams.
- Gain access to a range of resources, including skills training and up-to-date training vacancies, that will support your studies and help you get the job you want.
- Network with current ACA students, ICAEW members and future employers at FREE national and regional events across the UK.
Added Value - When you go for that all important job interview, don't forget to mention that your ICAEW student membership is keeping you up-to-date. ICAEW membership not only benefits you, but will benefit an organisation too in making sure they are compliant with key legislation and good practice.
Benefits of University Student Scheme membership
- Student membership for the duration of your degree studies for a one-off fee of £20.
- Online access to VITAL magazine – providing student support on exam techniques, professional skills, news updates and much more
- FREE webinars covering employability skills, professional skills and technical topics.
- FREE access to local student society events and networks, including new starter events, careers and skills seminars, pan-professional events, annual balls, quiz nights.
- Free copies of ICAEW Training Vacancies, which details authorised training employers who offer ACA training vacancies.
- Option to purchase high-quality learning materials reviewed and approved by our examiners.
- Fee waiver to claim your credit for prior learning (exemptions); up to £85 per module.
- Access to the student online community with its blogs and Ask a Tutor sessions to provide you with exam-related support and contact with ACA students globally.
- Regular e-newsletters with study support, deadline reminders and important updates which will help you study for ACA modules and aid your current studies.
- Access to past ACA exam papers, syllabus and examiner feedback, invaluable if you are planning to study and take assessments; and also good practice for your university exams.
- Access to the ICAEW library and information services. Gain access to the books and materials your course mates won’t have.
- FREE access to our dedicated student helpline for support and advice about studying ACA modules.
- Preferential rates on a range of lifestyle products and services, including Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, Hertz - Car Rental and InterContinental Hotels.
Don't forget to add ICAEW membership to your CV and differentiate yourself in the job market.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Your university will need to be included in the pilot project offering the scheme. If you are not sure whether this is the case, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know.
- You will need to be registered as a university student.
- You can be studying any degree subject - we just suggest you have an interest in a career in accountancy, finance and business.
Once you have confirmed that your university is taking part in the pilot scheme:
- Simply email us at email@example.com to request an application form.
- Once completed please return your form to: University Student Scheme, ICAEW, Finance, PO Box 6173, Milton Keynes, MK10 1TW, UK.
When you are successfully registered for the scheme you will receive your student number and login details for the secure student website. You can then decide whether you wish to:
- Apply for credits for prior learning (if applicable).
- Study for the other modules alongside your degree or wait until after you have graduated.
If you already have an ACA training agreement arranged for when you have graduated, we recommend you speak with your employer to decide your next steps.
Look out for the ICAEW team visiting your university soon. We are always keen to meet our student members.
If you require further information about the University Student Scheme please email us.