ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

Continue reading

Working in Australia

If you are tempted by the idea of working abroad, this page has been designed to help you with some tips and advice on practical and financial considerations associated with temporarily living and working abroad. Find out about national insurance contributions, taxation and entry requirements for Australia here.

ICAEW has a membership recognition agreement with CAANZ in Australia and New Zealand. You may able to join the local institute without sitting further assessment, provided you maintain your ICAEW membership. See the Institute's Working Internationally page for more more details

Our Registered tax agent page provides information on working as a registered tax agent in Australia. ICAEW was approved as a Recognised Tax Agent Association by the Australian Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) on 14 August 2014. ICAEW members in Australia are exempted from a number of obligations when applying to the TPB to be a registered tax agent but they are nevertheless required to meet specific CPD and PII cover requirements in order to qualify.