Legal Alert - December 2013
A monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.
- Case law: employer liable for employees' unauthorised use of rival's customer database
- Case law: court gives guidance on whether notice to end supply agreement was 'reasonable'
- Case law: businesses relying on retention of title clauses may face unintended consequences
- Case law: businesses can be penalised in legal costs for unreasonable failure to mediate before going to court
- Case law: more companies fined for corporate manslaughter
- Case law: court gives guidance on tenants' liabilities to repair at end of lease of new property
- Case law: self-reporting data breaches does not grant immunity from fines
- Case law: ruling changes how organisations define 'personal data' for data protection purposes
Disclaimer: These publications from Atom Content Marketing are for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.