Legal Alert - January 2014
A monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.
- Case law: requirement for Christian employee to work on Sunday not religious discrimination
- Case law: employers should take commission into account when calculating holiday pay
- Case law: tribunal clarifies scope of exception to TUPE rules on reassigning existing work to new contractor
- Guidance: new Home Office guidance on preventing illegal working
- Case law: refusal to make one employee voluntarily redundant made another's compulsory redundancy unfair
- Case law: tribunal clarifies when workers should receive minimum wage for time spent asleep
Disclaimer: These publications from Atom Content Marketing are for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.