Legal Alert - February 2014
A monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.
- Case law: employers can dismiss without notice for 'last straw' misconduct
- Case law: court sets 'minority stake' test of whether restrictions on employees are reasonable
- Case law: court confirms when employers can take employee's previous warnings into account when dismissing
- Case law: employers should not rely on Occupational Health report saying employee not disabled
- Case law: supervisor was 'worker' entitled to holiday pay despite clear words to the contrary in his contract
- Case law: shareholder silence can amount to consent to director's breach of duty
- Case law: failure to take mitigating circumstances into account makes dismissal unfair
- Guidance and Consultation: zero-hours contracts and their implications
Disclaimer: These publications from Atom Content Marketing are for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.