Legal Alert - May 2014
A monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.
- Case law: missing words invalidated tenant's break notice
- Regulations: retailers must comply with new rules
- Case law: contract unenforceable because crucial terms not sufficiently certain
- Case law: tribunals consider effect of policies allowing summary dismissal for breach
- Case law: court clarifies extent of protection for confidential information
- Regulations: landlords face new energy efficiency regulations
- Have your say: HSE consults on further changes to Approved Codes of Practice; and on replacing the Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Case law: director sentenced for ignoring improvement notices
Disclaimer: These publications from Atom Content Marketing are for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.