Legal Alert - June 2014
A monthly checklist from Atom Content Marketing highlighting new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and rulings that could have an impact on your business.
- Case law: No implied term that landlords repay rent following exercise of break clause
- Case law: Forcible retirement by reference to age was not a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim
- Case law: Failure to execute deeds properly could cost business £45m
- Case law: Court gives guidance on when withholding consent under commercial agreements is ‘unreasonable’
- Case law: Landlord preventing a tenant from selling goods in competition with another breached competition law
- Legislation: Employers start planning for new rules on shared parental leave
- Regulations: Employment agency contracts could create PAYE and NIC liability for client businesses
Disclaimer: These publications from Atom Content Marketing are for general guidance only, for businesses in the United Kingdom governed by the laws of England. Atom Content Marketing, expert contributors and ICAEW (as distributor) disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions.