The Adviser Funding Portal is built to empower you as a business adviser to navigate a finance landscape impacted by Brexit and pandemic uncertainty.
Swoop have utilised ground-breaking technology to provide simple, speedy and secure access to tailored funding opportunities for your clients across:
- Equity funding
- Commercial mortgages
And that’s not all – the Adviser Funding Portal is completely free for our PBA Community members.
The Adviser Funding Portal is designed to support both you and your clients, enabling you to:
- Access and compare the whole marketplace from over 1,000 funding providers in a matter of minutes
- Select the right funding for your clients
- Embrace the technological revolution by integrating Companies House and accountancy data so you can manage all your clients’ business finances in one place*
- Utilise templates/tools – such as cash flow forecasts - to aid your clients’ applications
Furthermore, a team of experienced finance professionals made up of ex-underwriters, accountants and equity analysts are readily available to support you throughout the journey.
*All information stored on the platform is for your eyes only and no credit checks are run on your clients unless they have been submitted to a funding provider with your permission
How to Access the Adviser Funding Portal
To access the portal, you will need to join the Practitioner Business Advisers community. Membership is free for members with a practising certificate.
Existing members of the Practitioner Business Advisers community can access the funding portal now.
The Adviser Funding Portal from Swoop simplifies and speeds up the funding process, presenting a range of options across loans, equity and grants.
Members can register for a free account and can be presented with matched finance opportunities for their clients, including the Recovery Loans Scheme. Members can check their client’s eligibility for these and other up-to-date funding solutions, as well as non-government funding options, and track progress via the online portal.
You are reminded that:
- Use of the portal is strictly for business use only and is not intended for personal use.
- Use of the portal is available for UK firms only.
- All funding options should be appraised by Member Firms in conjunction with their clients. It is both the responsibility of the Member Firm and their client to appraise all associated risks.
- Use of the Swoop portal should be managed by the Member Firm, any client information submitted should only be done so with advance client consent in writing which could be via an Engagement Letter See here for suggested wording.
- If you hold a DPB licence, please ensure your firm maintains compliance with the Designated Professional (DPB) Compliance Handbook in undertaking any activities via the Swoop portal. Please refer to the ICAEW Traffic light guide to regulation for more information about holding a DPB licence.
- Please refer to ICAEW’s Code of Ethics for guidance on receiving commissions.
- Other funding options and portals available.
- Swoop content is presented to ICAEW’s reasonable knowledge and belief. Although reasonable care has been taken in gathering the necessary information, ICAEW cannot guarantee the accuracy, efficacy, completeness, or capabilities of any information published or the Services offered by Swoop. ICAEW shall have no responsibility or liability in respect of any information supplied to you, either by ICAEW or Swoop, with regards to any matter concerning the Swoop Portal, or any other services offered by Swoop. For the avoidance of doubt, there shall be no obligation to update or correct any inaccuracies in any information which we may provide to you.
- ICAEW does not imply any representation or warranty over the Services being offered by Swoop or the Products identified using the Swoop portal and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which is incurred from you acting or not acting as a result of registering for the Swoop portal. You will be responsible for making your own investigations and seeking your own independent advice before making any lending or investment decisions.