What does your gender pay gap tell you?
This Business and Management Faculty webinar took place on 11 September 2019.
All companies with 250 or more employees are now required to submit their gender pay gap data every year along with a report interpreting their results. Submitting the data is the easy part but what are your figures telling you? What issues are they revealing and what further analysis could you do beyond the statutory requirements? In this webinar, Nigel Marriott, an independent statistician, will explain what your gender pay gap report tells you and just as important, what it doesn’t tell you. Specifically –
- How to tell if the submitted data is correct in the first place?
- How to identify the factors that might explain your gender pay gap?
- Two better ways of presenting your gender pay gap data, over and above the statutory requirements.
- Why gender pay gap data tells you nothing about whether men and women are paid equally for doing the same job.
- How to identify when your gender pay gap data is too unreliable to draw conclusions.
This webinar recording is open to all. The Business and Management Faculty provides a host of vital resources including concise articles, in-depth reports and webinars to support your CPD and enhance your career. Further information about the faculty can be found on our join page.