Forensic & Expert Witness Community Annual Conference 2018
Join us on Thursday 8 November for the Forensic & Expert Witness Community Annual Conference.
Our annual conference offers a combination of highly relevant primary sessions and the opportunity to choose from a wide range of specialist break-outs, all of which will be invaluable to anyone practicing in the forensic accounting arena.
As in previous year's ICAEW have been fortunate enough to host a number of high profile speakers including senior judges and barristers. This year will be no exception as we have worked hard to produce a varied and topical agenda to appeal to those working across a range of different specialisms and with differing levels of experience.
The content for this year’s conference on Thursday 8 November includes:
- Mercantile judge in charge of the Bristol Technology and Construction Court, Sir Mark Havelock-Allan, will provide this year's keynote address as he gives his view on the expert accountancy witness, from the bench.
- A panel of experienced barristers, including two QCs, will discuss what they believe forensic accountants could do better.
- Dr Stephen Hill of the Fraud Advisory Panel will present a session on online intelligence outlining internet research and investigation skills.
- Essential Civil and Criminal Law Updates from Tim Crockford of Clyde & Co and Eve Giles of Allen & Overy, who have received excellent feedback in prior years.
Just as for our 2017 conference there will be three break-out sessions which include presentations on:
- Open source intelligence gathering
- FRC enforcement and Monitorships
- Expert determinations
- Interviewing skills
- Resolution’s new guidance on the instruction of expert accountants in divorce
- Plus many more...
There will be opportunities to question our speakers throughout the day, as well as plenty of time for informal networking with other attendees and speakers, including an end of day drinks session.
We very much look forward to seeing many members on Thursday 8 November. Further details on booking can be found here.
ICAEW Forensic & Expert Witness Community, 2018