Financial Services Faculty: Insurance
Insurance is complex and constantly evolving. Our unique perspective and ability to convene with stakeholders right across the financial services landscape, means we can provide you with industry insights, expert opinion, analysis and independent resources to put you ahead of the curve.
Benefits at a glance
- Learn from fellow members' wide ranging experience
- Access exclusive regulatory insights
- Meet CPD requirements with webinars and events
- Monthly Insurance Focus ebulletin
- Accessible resources from bite sized guides for NEDs to in-depth technical guidance
- Influence the regulatory and policy agenda by contributing to our work
Take a look at some of our insurance resources
Management article: nudge
As well as technical information, members can also access article about strategic and management issues in the context of the insurance industry. This short article explores whether behavioural economics works in financial services.
30 minute webinar: reduce the size of board backs
The Faculty’s Zsuzsanna Schiff explores ways to improve with an experienced life insurance and banking audit committee chair.
Accounting choices: equity release mortgages
This short article outlines the key questions to consider when deciding if your ERMs are financial instruments or insurance contracts.
ICAEW’s correspondence with the IASB on IFRS 17
We wrote to the IASB about seven key technical issues in advance of the IFRS 17 amendments. We summarised the challenging areas for our members.