2021 a new reckoning for the high street
Our speakers shared their views on the wider impact of the demise of many high streets on landlords, investors and lender.
Joining Ros Rowe in this webinar are John Forbes, consultant, Mark Robinson, Chair of the High Street Task Force and Tim Rayner, Joint National Head of Retail Disputes at Irwin Mitchell.
Reduced economic activity has led to cashflow difficulties for individuals and businesses which will result in many tenants unable or unwilling to pay rents. The consequences for landlords, investors and lenders will be explored as follows:
- An update on the second half on 2020 and what this has meant for rent receipts.
- What this might mean in terms of accounting, distributions etc.
- What would incoming investors want?
- What actions landlords are taking when rents are not paid?
- How landlords respond to tenant with company voluntary arrangements.
- Looking forward to the longer-term new normal and what a new high street will look like.