Terms and conditions
Below are the terms and conditions for entering our competition to represent ICAEW at One Young World's 2020 Summit.
How to participate1.1 In order to enter this competition, you must be an ICAEW member or current ACA student and ideally aged 18 - 35 at the time of attending the Summit. Please note that most of the delegates who attend the event are aged between 18 and 30 but ICAEW are extending our upper age guidelines to 35. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative and willingness to engage. They cannot accept applications from those aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
1.2 The competition is free to enter and entries must be received by midnight (GMT+1) on 10 May 2020. No purchase necessary.
1.3 All entries must include your name, email address, location, telephone number and age.
1.4 Entrants must be able to attend the One Young Summit in Munich from 14 – 17 October 2020.
1.5 You may only submit one entry to this competition.
1.6 To enter you must produce a video/vlog of no more than five minutes.
1.7 Your pitch should focus on one of the five One Young World 2020 plenary session themes and how chartered accountants and the profession can contribute to these.
- The Climate Crisis - 10 Years To Go, Can We Deliver The Paris Agreement?
- Rights and Freedoms - How Can We Defend Rights Online And Offline?
- Education - How Can We Prepare For The 4th Industrial Revolution?
- Conflict Resolutions - Authoritarianism Is On The Rise; How Can We De-Escalate Tensions?
- Future Economies - How Can Economic Growth Be More Just?
1.8 Your pitch should be published and shared on a social media platform of your choice and must include the hashtag #CharteredStar.
1.9 The final step to complete your entry is to send a link to your published content to email@example.com.
Start dateThis competition will start on Tuesday 31 March 2020.
Closing dateThe closing date for this competition will be Sunday 10 May 2020.
Selection of the winner4.1All entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will be judged by an independent panel of judges appointed by ICAEW. The judges will assess each entry on 20 May 2020. The decision of the judging panel is final. Full names of the Judges can be provided on request.
4.2 If a winner declines the prize or breaches the terms of entry ICAEW may, in its absolute discretion, ask the panel to select an alternative winner.
4.3 You acknowledge that you may be required to be used in publicity if you are selected as a winner.
Prize5.1 The prize package is as follows:
- Funded delegate place at the One Young World Summit in Munich on 14 – 17 October 2020. The OYW ticket price (£3,915) includes entry to the summit, airport/ hotel transfers, full catering during the summit and accommodation for the duration of the summit
- ICAEW will also cover your travel costs from your normal location (included in your application) and other reasonable expenses which must be authorised by ICAEW before being incurred
5.2 There is no alternative prize. No cash alternatives
5.3 The prize is non-transferable.
Restrictions and requirements6.1 Please note the following restrictions and requirements apply:
- Entrants should be ideally aged 35 or under at the 31 December 2019
- Entrants must have permission from their employer to enter this competition
- Entrants will require access to the internet
- Employees of ICAEW are ineligible to enter this promotion.
Notification of the results and receipt of the [prize OR prizes]7.1 ICAEW will notify the winner by e-mail OR telephone on or before 25 May 2020.
General8.1 The names of the winners will be published at www.icaew.com/charteredstar for up to 12 months after the closing date.
8.2 If you do not want your name included on the website referred to above, you must notify ICAEW within a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the competition.
8.3 Once you have submitted an entry, you acknowledge that the copyright in your entry will be owned by ICAEW.
8.4 The competition winner(s) agree to provide / create content for ICAEW website and social media covering the period in the run up to the summit, during the summit and after the summit has taken place. You agree that ICAEW will own copyright in any such content.
8.5 8.5 The names and social media handles of the winners will be published alongside the content contributed by the winner (s) for up to 12 months after the closing date on the ICAEW website at www.icaew.com and on the following social media platforms:
Data Protection StatementThe protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.We will use your personal data for the administration of the competition. ICAEW will not use or share personal data provided with third parties for marketing purposes. The winner will receive their prize direct from the competition sponsor.For more information about our data protection policy, please go to icaew.com/dataprotection