Luxembourg's contact member
Mervyn Martins, FCA is the Contact Member for Luxembourg. He is your point of contact for members' enquiries and acts as an ambassador in promoting the ICAEW's strategy and brand within Luxembourg.
Contact Member's details
Name Mervyn Martins, FCA
Senior Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers Société coopérative
Tel: +00 352 49 48 48 2503
Tel (Mobile): +00 352 621 33 2053
2, rue Gerhard Mercator
Mervyn is an Assurance Partner and the Firm’s Risk Management Partner , specialising in international listed manufacturing and industrial groups in serving. He is the adviser to various startups and second generation corporations.
He is a Member of the Spain/Latin America, and British Chambers of Commerce, and currently Secretary to the ABIAL (Association of British & Irish Accountants in Luxembourg) and speaks various languages including, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- His clients include listed Groups, requiring SEC and other reporting requirements, including SOX.
- He has worked and specialised in servicing international groups in a variety of sectors, including multi-location audit coordination. This includes the insurance and manufacturing sector.
- He has experienced in the international capital markets, and with specialist venture capital entities and has worked in London, Bermuda and New York in those sectors.
- He has acquired knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, as well as US, Canadian and Luxembourg GAAP.
- He has participated in projects for reorganisation and refinancing of several international groups and has carried out and written topical presentations in these areas. He has been involved in assisting companies in raising finance, including the preparation and application for listing on several capital markets. He has participated in research on the uses of financial reinsurance and also on different investment management and administration structures and distribution of investment products in Europe.
PwC Luxembourg is unique in being an ICAEW Recognised Training Office for ICAEW, ICAS and ICAI (can train students as Chartered Accountants and provide relevant Post-Qualification Experience), one of the few outside the UK, with Mervyn being the Training Principal member responsible for training and as such, has overall responsibility.