Attracting diverse talent
ICAEW’s 10-year strategy includes a focus on "Attracting diverse talent" as one of its five key priorities. In line with this, we are particularly interested in hearing about the experiences of:
- female students
- students from a Black Heritage background
- students with learning difficulties (eg, ADHD, autism spectrum, dyslexia)
- students from the LGBTQ+ community
- students from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
About the discussion groups
- The sessions will be held online during the weeks commencing 27 September and 11 October.
- Sessions will be held at different times in the day and evening.
- Students may be invited to a 1-hour individual interview or a 2-hour group discussion which includes 4-5 other people.
- If they are invited to attend, each participant will receive a cash remuneration of £45 as a thank you for their time.
- The sessions will be recorded for research purposes only, but the recordings will not be shared.
- All personal data will be destroyed within 90 days of the project completion date.
Sign-up for discussion groups
If you are an ACA student and would like to participate in the discussion groups, please register your interest with the link below. It will take no longer than 6 minutes to complete.
If you are a training provider and would like to encourage your students to share their experiences, please share the survey above with them. Please do NOT click the link above if you are a training provider as your response may be counted and affect the survey results. As a training provider, you can review the survey here.
- Students’ responses will only be used for research purposes.
- Students’ responses will not be shared with their employer.
- Individual responses will not be shared with ICAEW. Anonymous aggregated data only will be provided to ICAEW and they will not be able to identify who has responded.
All findings will feed into ICAEW’s D&I Strategy, to be shared for discussion and learning.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the above before sharing, please contact ICAEW’s D&I Manager for Global Student Recruitment, Antonia Sudkaemper at Antonia.Sudkaemper@icaew.com