To remain as an ICAEW authorised training employer or principal, you must consistently meet and follow our training standards. They are designed to help ensure consistency of training and support for all students wherever they work.
These standards focus on the main elements of training and reflect the best practice in all types and sizes of organisation. We monitor the compliance of the training standards through a programme of review visits.
The training standards requires your commitment, as an authorised training employer or principal, to five main principles:
- to operate with professionalism and commitment to ACA training;
- to provide students with a suitable training environment;
- to offer students appropriate supervision and support;
- to offer students the opportunity for personal and professional development; and
- to offer students appropriate training in professional ethics.