ICAEW Coaching and Mentoring Programmes
Our industry experts can empower you and further your career with tailor-made professional development.
- Support from an expert who understands the challenges particular to your industry.
- Confidential advice and assistance with problem-solving.
- Practical actions to apply in your day-to-day role.
- Greater clarity on your values, career path and wider objectives.
- Greater self-awareness and understanding of your blind spots.
- Greater confidence in your approach and in yourself.
What is ICAEW Coaching and Mentoring?
It is a one-to-one relationship between you and someone with extensive, relevant experience, which helps you to achieve your goals and progress your career.
If you choose ICAEW Coaching, that relationship is with a formally-qualified career coach who has experience of working in finance and/or extensive experience of coaching finance professionals.
If you choose ICAEW Mentoring, the relationship is with an industry expert with board-level experience. They will be a CFO, CEO and/or NED.
Your coach or mentor will challenge and stretch you with objectivity and independence, in a safe and supportive environment. They will increase your self-awareness and empower you to take big steps to further your career. At various stages during the programme they will become a consultant, thinking partner, friend, advisor, sounding board, challenger and facilitator.
Every programme is bespoke and tailored to your needs.
- Choose the length of time according to your needs. A typical structure would be between 5 and 10 sessions of 1.5 hours each.
- We offer both face-to-face and virtual coaching.
- You can choose from additional tools such as 360º feedback assessments and psychometric testing.
We will consult with you at every step along the way to make sure you select the right mentor for your needs and that the programme is suited to your lifestyle and objectives.