Study for The ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency
The ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency is the most flexible learning programme of the UK insolvency regime. Primarily developed for professionals based in the UK wanting to progress into a career in insolvency or strengthen their knowledge; the certificate equally benefits those outside the UK whose work touches upon the UK insolvency regime.
Certificate in Insolvency Benefits
- Recognition - The certificate is underpinned by the ICAEW's experience and reputation as the UK's largest insolvency regulator. The certificate provides a formal recognition of achievement.
- Practical knowledge - The certificate provides essential knowledge of key insolvency principles and the skills you need to apply them.
- Free membership to the Restructuring & Insolvency Community while you’re studying. Go to icaew.com/joininsolvency and use code SGINCERTSTUDENT
- Complements other learning programmes - Study the certificate as a stand-alone programme or as an additional module to complement the ACA or CFAB
- Improve your skills - You don't need any prior knowledge or formal academic qualifications to study for the certificate.
- Support while you study - As a student you will receive a range of support and services.
- Live online classroom provides flexibility and convenience.
What does the ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency cover?
The ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency provides a broad understanding of key insolvency principles and it covers four key areas (relative study time weighting shown in brackets):
- Legal and Regulatory Framework for Insolvency - English Law (15%)
- Concepts and Principles of Insolvency (25%)
- Corporate Insolvency (40%)
- Personal Insolvency (20%)
Who is it for?
- Finance, legal and other professionals with varying levels of experience, including unqualified team members working on insolvency cases on a day-to-day basis
- Other professionals who wish to pursue an interest in insolvency
- Anyone planning to study for the Joint Insolvency Examinations Board (JIEB)
See the Frequently asked questions about The ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency page for further information.
ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency at a glance
|Duration||Less than 12 months|
|Cost||Registration fee - £140 + VAT (no fee for ICAEW members and students)
Assessment - £300 + VAT
Learning materials and tuition - See tuition provider
Online Classroom Live
|More information||Download the Certificate in Insolvency brochure to find out more|
Free subscription to the Insolvency Community
ICAEW Certificate of Insolvency students receive free membership to the Insolvency Community for the year in which they register, plus the following calendar year. The community offers effective and streamlined support to insolvency professionals plus representation through the committee of insolvency specialists. Through events and regular newsletters, the community will keep you updated on regulatory changes, compliance issues and sector news.
Confirmed schedule of 2020 CBA dates
|24/03/2020 9:30am||17/04/2020 09:00||06/03/2020 9 am OR 12.30 pm||31/03/2020 09:00 am||31/03/2020 10:00||04/03/2020 2pm|
|19/05/2020 9:30am||15/05/2020 09:00||20/03/2020 9 am OR 12.30 pm||29/05/2020 09:00 am||29/06/2020 10:00||09/03/2020 2pm|
|14/07/2020 9:30am||12/06/2020 09:00||03/04/2020 9 am OR 12.30 pm||22/07/2020 09:00 am||23/09/2020 10:00||16/03/2020 2pm|
|09/09/2020 9:30am||26/06/2020 09:00||17/04/2020 9 am OR 12.30 pm||08/09/2020 09:00 am||16/12/2020 10:00||23/03/2020 2pm|
|04/11/2020 9:30am||31/07/2020 09:00||01/05/2020 9 am OR 12.30 pm||18/11/2020 09:00 am||30/03/2020 2pm|
|18/08/2020 09:00||08/12/2020 09:00 am||07/04/2020 10am|
|24/09/2020 09:00||22/04/2020 10am|
|23/10/2020 09:00||28/04/2020 2pm|