P W C Tsai FCA
Philip is the Chairman of Deloitte China and has more than 35 years of experience in planning and managing audits for Hong Kong based operations of multinational groups, as well as local overseas listed clients in a wide range of industries.
Philip is a Fellow of ICAEW, the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. He is actively involved in the development of the CPA profession and also contributes his efforts in various government, community and social services.
Philip is a Past President of the HKICPA, a member of the Hong Kong Committee of ICAEW Hong Kong Chapter, the Chairman of M Plus Collections Ltd under the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, a member of the Hospital Authority, the Chairman of the Physiotherapists Board, a member of the Supplementary Medical Professions Council of the Food and Health Bureau, a member of the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Advisory Committee, an Advisor of the Ombudsman, Hong Kong, a member of the Registration Committee of the Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange, a member of the Share Registrars’ Disciplinary Committee of the Securities and Futures Commission, a member of the Standing Committee on Disciplined Service Salaries and Conditions of Services of the Civil Service Bureau and a member of the Independent Commission on Remuneration for members of the Executive Council and the Legislature, and Officials under the Political Appointment System of the HKSAR Government.
Philip is an Adjunct Professor of the City University of Hong Kong, the Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Accounting and Finance and a member of the Advisory Committee of the Faculty of Business of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a Honorary Court Member, an External Advisor of the Department of Accountancy and Law and the Chairman of the Student Residence Management Board of the Hong Kong Baptist University, a member of the Alumni Committee of the Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation, a Trustee of the Staff Superannuation Scheme of the Chinese University of Hong King and a member of the Institutional Advancement and Outreach Committee of the University Council of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Philip is a Deputy Chairman of the Hong Kong Red Cross, a National Council member of the Red Cross Society of China, a member of the Hospital Governing Committee of the Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Services and a member of the Dress Casual Day Organising Committee of the Community Chest.
Declaration of Interests
Membership of, or interests in, formal bodies or groups, including other professional bodies
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Membership of ICAEW Council, ICAEW Boards and other ICAEW Committees
Partnerships, Directorships or beneficial interests in companies
- Partner, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Certified Public Accountants
- Partner, Kwan Wong Tan & Fong, Certified Public Accountants
- Director, Deloitte Asia Pacific Limited
- Director, Deloitte Asia Pacific Services Holdings Limited
- Director, Deloitte Asia Pacific Services Limited
- Director, Deloitte China Pension (PTC) Limited
- Director, Deloitte Foundation Limited (Hong Kong)
- Director, Deloitte Global Services Holdings Limited
- Director, Deloitte Global Services Limited
- Director, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Director, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (Greater China) Holdings Limited
- Director, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
- Director, Hong Kong Red Cross
- Director, M Plus Collections Ltd
- Champion Art Enterprise Limited
- Champion View Limited
Professional or social relationships with individuals who have business relationships or who compete with ICAEW
- Partner of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Any other matters you feel should be identified
- Some of the Council members are Partners of other Deloitte member firms