P W C Tsai FCA
Philip is a former Chairman of Deloitte China and has more than 35 years of experience in planning and managing audits for Hong Kong based operations of multinational groups, as well as local and overseas listed clients in a wide range of industries.
Philip is a Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (the "HKICPA"), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (the "ICAEW"). He is actively involved in the development of the CPA profession and also contributes his efforts in various government, community and social services.
Philip is a Past President of the HKICPA, a Council Member of the ICAEW, the Chairman of M Plus Collections Ltd under the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, a Member of the Hospital Authority, the Chairman of the Hospital Governing Committee of the Queen Mary Hospital and Tsan Yuk Hospital, the Chairman of the Supplementary Medical Professions Council of the Food and Health Bureau, the Chairman of The Hong Kong Genome Institute, a Member of the Advisory Committee and Audit and Risk Committee of the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes, an Advisor of The Ombudsman, Hong Kong, a Member of the Registration Committee of the Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange, a Member of the Standing Committee on Disciplined Service Salaries and Conditions of Services of the Civil Service Bureau and a Member of the Independent Commission on Remuneration for Members of the Executive Council and the Legislature, and Officials under the Political Appointment System of the HKSAR Government.
Philip is a Member of the University Grants Committee, an Adjunct Professor of the City University of Hong Kong, a Honorary Court Member and the Chairman of the Student Residence Management Board of the Hong Kong Baptist University, the Deputy Chairman of the Alumni Committee of The Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation, a Trustee of the Staff Superannuation Scheme of The Chinese University of Hong Kong and a Member of the Institutional Advancement and Outreach Committee of the University Council of The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Philip is also the Chairperson of Hong Kong Red Cross.
Declaration of Interests
Membership of, or interests in, formal bodies or groups, including other professional bodies
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Membership of ICAEW Council, ICAEW Boards and other ICAEW Committees
Partnerships, Directorships or beneficial interests in companies
- Director, The Bank of East Asia (China) Limited
- Director, Deloitte China Pension (PTC) Limited
- Director, Deloitte Foundation Limited (Hong Kong)
- Director, Hospital Authority
- Director, Hong Kong Red Cross
- Director, M Plus Collections Limited
- Director, University Grants Committee
- Director, The Hong Kong Genome Institute Limited
- Champion Art Enterprise Limited - Private Property Investment Company
- Champion View Limited - Private Property Investment Company
Professional or social relationships with individuals who have business relationships or who compete with ICAEW
- Partner Emeritus of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Any other matters you feel should be identified
- Some of the Council members are Partners of other Deloitte member firms