D Harris-Ugbomah BEng FCA
Deborah is a governance expert and experienced non-executive director, serving as Compliance, or Audit & Risk Committee Chair in financial services, healthcare, property development, charities and key public sector services (education, housing).
Deborah read Civil Engineering, then trained with PwC (formally PriceWaterhouse) before moving into investment banking, corporate finance and business angel investing.
In the ICAEW, Deborah chaired the both the Non-Executive Director Special Interest Groups (SIG), the SIG Chairs’ Committee, and was a member of the Members Board from 2008-2018. An active member, Deborah has also served as a panel member and host for a number of ICAEW events on governance and leadership issues.
Deborah is also committed to helping organisations not only address unconscious bias within their systems and processes, but also provide impactful allyship to eradicate disadvantage in workplace, or in active volunteering. Her leadership not only influences positive change, but also supports cognitive diversity to ensure creation of better, more relatable role models within the profession.
Declaration of Interests
Membership of, or interests in, formal bodies or groups, including other professional bodies
- President London Society of Chartered Accountants 2022-to date,
- Deputy-President London Society of Chartered Accountants 2021-2022
- Vice-President London Society of Chartered Accountants 2020-2021
Membership of ICAEW Council, ICAEW Boards and other ICAEW Committees
Partnerships, Directorships or beneficial interests in any companies
- Director, Buckstop Digital Media Agency
- Director, The Shared Learning Trust (Multi Academy Trust)
- Director/Trustee, the Children's Society (Charity)
Professional or social relationships with individuals who have business relationships or who compete with ICAEW
Any other matters you feel should be identified
- Crown Prosecution Service, Audit and Risk Committee – independent member