D Harris-Ugbomah BEng FCA
Deborah has a portfolio of non-executive director roles with a specialism as Audit Chair in healthcare, education, housing and property development and most recently financial services, specifically FinTech.
Deborah read Civil Engineering before completing her training with PwC (formally PriceWaterhouse) before moving into working in corporate finance and business angel investing.
In the ICAEW, Deborah was previously the Chair of the Non-Executive Special Interest Groups, which she chaired from 2008-2018 and is an active member, serving as a panel member and host on ICAEW events on governance and leadership issues.
Deborah is committed to removing the inequality women face in society, and in the workplace and uses her network and influence to support and create relatable role models.
Declaration of Interests
Membership of, or interests in, formal bodies or groups, including other professional bodies
- Deputy-President 2021-2022 and Vice-President 2020-2021 - London Society of Chartered Accountants
Membership of ICAEW Council, ICAEW Boards and other ICAEW Committees
Partnerships, Directorships or beneficial interests in any companies
- Director, Buckstop Digital Media Agency
- Director, The Shared Learning Trust (Multi Academy Trust)
- Director/Trustee, the Children's Society (Charity)
- Director, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance
Professional or social relationships with individuals who have business relationships or who compete with ICAEW
Any other matters you feel should be identified
- Crown Prosecution Service, Audit & Risk Committee – independent member