Practice exam software
If you are an ACA, Level 4 or Level 7 student, you will be allocated access to the new online practice software. The software is online and easy to access. You should use the new version instead of downloading the offline packaged software. Its best practice to clear your computer’s cache and cookies before accessing the practice software, just to ensure you are using the most up to date content.
To access questions from the 2022 ICAEW question bank, the blank software and pre-populated spreadsheet practise questions, add your username - the letter Q + your ICAEW student number, for example, Q1234567, and then add the password qb2022.
To access mock exams, add your username - the letter M + your ICAEW student number, for example, M1234567. Please contact your tuition provider for the password (there is a separate password per mock exam). Should you not be in tuition please contact email@example.com.
When opening the ICAEW Bookshelf or the data analytics software within the practice software, you will be asked to log in. In your real exam you will be logged in automatically using single sign on.
Please be aware that the online practice software will be unavailable on exam session days, you can view these here.
Please note, the Advanced Level learning materials will not be available in the practice exam software until the end of February, view the schedule here.
Functionality in the exam software
- The ability to arrange and adjust question and response areas in a variety of layout options.
- Spreadsheet software that reflects commonly used applications and contains standard functionality that allow you to make your calculations and adjust them if needed, just as you would in the workplace.
- A word processor that auto adjust to the size of the response that you are writing and allows you to copy in the data from the spreadsheet as part of the report.
- An easy-to-use question flagging system so you can easily navigate through the exam.
- A suite of tools such as a calculator, notepad and highlighter so that you have everything you need to complete the exam and make notes as you go.
- New options to zoom and amend the colour contrast giving you the best accessibility options yet.
Support and guidance
Exam software key features
The software has been designed specifically for ACA students and has had input from students from the start of the design. The new exam software has an intuitive user interface and includes features
Data analytics software
The data analytics software allows you to analyse a company’s data so that you can demonstrate your professional skills as an auditor. This is built into the Professional Level Audit and Assurance and Advanced Level Corporate Reporting modules.
You can access your ICAEW bookshelf to view your learning materials digitally within the relevant open book exams.
You can access digital copies of relevant permitted texts, such as the tax tables within the exam, so that you can easily search for the content that you need.
Sit your exam in any location with the use of remote invigilation, reducing your need to travel to an exam centre.
Professional and Advanced Level exam software guidance
View the video for a walkthrough of the exam software covering key features and functionalities, data analytics software and the ICAEW Bookshelf.
Data analytics software
You will need to be familiar with how the software works and its various functions. It is therefore important that you work through the relevant explanatory guidance notes, using the practice datasets that we have created. You should then attempt the practice questions.