Ethics Learning Programme
Everything you need to know about the Ethics Learning Programme that you must be complete to become an ICAEW Business and Finance Professional.
Ethics is more than just knowing the rules around confidentiality, integrity, objectivity and independence. As an ICAEW Business and Finance Professional you will be expected to be able to identify ethical dilemmas, understand the implications and behave appropriately.
To qualify as a BFP you need to complete ICAEW's online Ethics Learning Programme and achieve a score of at least 70%.
This content is for BFP students who registered up to 30 June 2020. If you have registered as a BFP student from 01 July 2020 onwards, different rules apply.
The online learning programme for students who registered up to 30 June 2020 is based on the ICAEW Code of Ethics, to help you get to grips with our ethical framework and practise how you would respond to an ethical situation.
The programme includes the following six modules:
- Introduction to ICAEW Code of Ethics
- The fundamental ethical principles
- Threats and safeguards to the fundamental ethical principles
- Conflicts of interest
- Considerations for professional accountants in practice
- Considerations for professional accountants in business
Once you have worked your way through each of the six modules (and the accompanying Practising Ethics webinars), you will need to complete an assessment and achieve a score of at least 70%.
Here are the key things you need to know about the assessment:
- You’ll need to complete it online.
- It is 60 minutes long and includes 30 multiple choice questions.
- You must achieve a minimum of 70%.
- You will have an unlimited number of attempts.
- Each of your attempts is recorded within the ethics and professional scepticism tab on your online BFP training file.
More information about becoming a BFP
If you have any questions about applying for the ICAEW Business and Finance Professional designation please get in touch: