This month, we cover important HMRC updates, including the impact its service levels are having on the insolvency profession, guidance on customer due diligence, invitations to upcoming webinars, July’s disciplinary update and further information to support your firm to prepare for the CPD Regulations changes taking effect 1 November.
- Answers for firms on key CPD questions
Access ICAEW's answers to the most commonly asked questions from firms about the upcoming changes to CPD requirements, and insights into how organisations are preparing for their new responsibilities.
- Professional development and skills: CPD changes explained
How these changes apply to you and the skills accountants need for the future.
A practical guide to the responsibilities ICAEW firms will have from 1 November. Register for the webinar on 27 September.
As an improvement regulator, PSD will initiate and respond to consultations on issues that relate to our regulatory responsibilities, including specific regulatory issues or matters that relate solely to regulation. We invite the views of ICAEW members and those individuals and firms regulated/supervised by ICAEW, consumers of accountancy services and other stakeholders.
Current consultations include:
Articles on regulatory matters
- PSD update (July issue)
- Customer due diligence (related to AML): telling the story
- Take note of the latest disciplinary cases to ensure you or your firm are not making similar mistakes
- Register for the free, live webinar, 12 September: Legal Services Regulatory Update
- HMCTS update on delays in processing probate applications
- Be aware that Probate Regulations have been replaced by the Legal Services Regulations
- Find out about changes coming in 2024 to the ICAEW statement on engaging in public practice
- Find out more on Mercia's legal services training to see if it's right for you
- Express your interest in representing ICAEW on the Joint Insolvency Committee (JIC)
- Be sure you're using the most current form when filing Company Tax Returns
- Read what concerns have been raised with HMRC by ICAEW, R3 and other recognised professional bodies
- HMRC will keep its dedicated mailbox to request VAT deregistration confirmation following a recent trial
- Latest Practice Assurance Monitoring Report available, sharing common findings from reviews where firms need to improve in regulatory areas and highlighting resources to support compliance
Regulatory newsletters published since the last roundup
Please continue to visit the various sections under Regulation on the ICAEW website to stay current with all the latest regulatory-related guidance.
Plus be the first to know when articles like these are released.
Hear a panel of guests dissect the latest headlines and provide expert analysis on the top stories from across the world of business, finance and accountancy.Find out more
Stay up to date
You can receive email update from ICAEW insights either daily, weekly or monthly, subscribe to whichever works for you.Sign up
News in brief
Read ICAEW's daily summary of accountancy news from across the mainstream media and broader financing sector.See more