Template redundancy letters and agreements
Model documents covering individual and collective consultations for redundancy are available online from respected organisations and can also be provided by email from the ICAEW Library & Information Service on request.
ICAEW is providing a collection of resources with help, advice and resources to assist those affected by redundancy. Find out more at the redundancy support for employers and individuals hub.
Model documents available online
Templates for redundancy letters are available online from respected bodies such as Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) and the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
Redundancy letter templates (Acas)
Acas have provided free template letters for employers to tell their employees that they're at risk of redundancy, invited to a consultation meeting or being made redundant. Available to download in OpenDocument Text (ODT) and Word formats.
Model documents and policies - redundancy (HR-inform)
Subscribers to HR-inform, the HR portal from the CIPD, can access a wide range of customisable model documents and policies relating to redundancy in word format.
Model documents available through the Library
The ICAEW Library & Information Service holds an extensive range of pro forma letters and agreements for redundancy from authoritative sources such as Business Essentials, Harvey Employment Precedents; Company Administration and Governance Precedents; and the Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents. These are available to ICAEW members and ACA students.
A selection of the model documents available are listed below. If you cannot find a letter that meets your needs please contact the enquiry team at firstname.lastname@example.org or through webchat and we will search the collection to see if we can find a match.
How can I make a request?
If you would like to obtain a model agreement, letter or form please contact the library team by email at email@example.com or through webchat.
Please note that document supply is subject to copyright law and licensing agreements which place restrictions on the quantities of material we can provide.
How will documents be supplied?
Model documents are supplied by email. Our standard turnaround for fulfilling requests is 24 hours but the team can usually respond more quickly than this.
The model documents we offer are provided as published in the databases and publications at the time of request. Please take the time to assess whether these meet your requirements when you receive them.
What templates are available?
- Redundancy selection assessment
Redundancy letter templates
Many of the letters are available in versions for individual or collective consultation. Please specify which you need when making a request for a letter.
- Letter warning employees of redundancies
- Letter informing employees in selection pool of risk of redundancy
- Letter to request volunteers for redundancy
- Notice of provisional selection for redundancy
- Notice of provisional non-selection for redundancy
- Invitation to second individual consultation meeting
- Confirmation of selection for redundancy and notice of dismissal
- Letter to employee representatives
- 'Early Warning' letter to be sent to recognised trade unions
- 'Early Warning' letter to be sent to individual employees where consultation is to be with recognised trade unions
- Notification of exercise of right to make payment in lieu of notice
- Offer to renew contract of or re-engage redundant employee
Redundancy agreement templates
In addition to the pro-forma agreements listed below there are example clauses for inclusion in settlement agreements covering situations ranging from company cars to the transfer of company shares. Please contact the enquiry team if you need any additional clauses.
- Letter to employee enclosing settlement agreement
- Settlement agreement — short form
- Settlement agreement — long form
- Statement of calculation of statutory redundancy payment
Can't find what you are looking for?
If you're having trouble finding the information you need, ask the Library & Information Service. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through webchat.