Support with your application
This page provides you with guidance and all the supporting material you need. You can also submit your application from this page
If you meet the full eligibility criteria and plan to submit a Pathways application, this page provides you with guidance and all the supporting material you need.
Please ensure you download and save to your desktop the application documents on this page.
In this section
The questions and templates
Read through the questions and use the supplied template to complete these.
Webinar and slides
Listen to the recording to understand how to respond to each question.
*Please note the updated fee information for submissions in 2020
Have a read through some examples that can help you reflect on your own experience.
Examiner guidance notes
This document is the ultimate guidance to a successful application. Written by our examiners, it includes tips on what to do and what to avoid, keywords they are looking for and in what way they expect you to respond to the questions to prove your knowledge
Once you have found the right sponsor for your application, they will need to complete and sign the below form.
Have a look at what your letter should include.
Your completed application will need to include:
- The Examination of Experience
- A letter of good standing from your professional body
- A Signed Sponsor Form and their letter of good standing
- The submission fee - payable at each attempt and non-refundable in all circumstances
- Any other relevant documents, such as an application for an ICAEW Practising Certificate or Audit Qualification (AQ)
You will need to submit all your relevant documents in one go. The online exam system does not allow you to attach some documents and come back at a later time to complete your application. All documents need to be submitted at the same time.
You need to submit your completed application no later than 4pm (GMT) on the submission deadline day. Late or incomplete entries will not be processed.
Here are some top tips to help you submit a successful application:
- Prepare early - Take a look at the Examination of Experience questions as early as possible
- Use all the support - Make the most of the templates and guidance available to you
- Be proactive – get all the documents together at least two weeks before the deadline
- Don’t wait until the deadline to submit –it might take longer than expected and you might not have time to deal with any last-minute issues
- Don't rush - Give yourself enough time to look things over and over