ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.
As a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), you can apply for a practising certificate and gain audit rights in the UK with our Audit Qualification.

ACA training

If you want to join ICAEW, you’ll need to complete formal ACA training. Find out about ACA training and see if you are eligible for any credits for prior learning.

Practising certificate

If you intend to practise in the UK you must apply for a practising certificate. You may only practice as an ICAEW member if you have been a member of AICPA for at least two years.

Audit rights

ICAEW membership does not automatically grant you audit rights in the UK, so if you intend to work in audit during your career, then we recommend that you apply for the Audit Qualification (AQ) when joining us.