Planning your continuing professional development (CPD)
As a member, you are required to maintain and develop your knowledge and skills to remain up to date in your role. You must declare your compliance with the CPD requirements every year, and we ask you to do this at the time you receive your membership renewal but no later than 31 January.
What activities count towards your CPD?
At ICAEW we operate an outputs-based approach to CPD and recommend that you take the following approach to your CPD requirements: reflect, act, impact, declare.
Make a CPD declaration
Here is just some of what ICAEW offers to help support and contribute to your CPD:
- join an ICAEW Faculty - centres of technical excellence offering exclusive content, events and webinars customised for your sector and supporting your continuing professional development;
- attend CPD training – created specifically for accounting, business and finance professionals;
- ICAEW Member Alert – linking you to updates and news relevant to your role
- we run a number of conferences, workshops, roundtables, seminars and webinars aimed specifically at business members, for further information on these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- many of the District Societies also run business events including annual technical updates and discussion groups;
- economia is packed with the latest news and analysis in the world of business, finance and accountancy – read it online or in hard copy;
- take a look at our guides, company profiles and an online catalogue of over 45,000 books and 59,000 indexed journals available from Library and Information Service;
- our business resources pages (icaew.com/business) are a gateway to a wide range of content. Access a range of business-focused support, advice and information from a range of sources from across ICAEW;
- participate in the ICAEW communities – with over 72,000 users, covering a wide range of topics to help keep you updated with the latest news and insights.