Support for new members
Your first year as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant is an exciting time. We're here to help you with advice, support and networks now and throughout your career.
We provide an extensive range of technical and business information through our world-class library and regular publications. Member-only resources include:
Expert technical guidance will help you to apply new regulations and maintain best practice. As a member you can access:
- Regulatory news, publications and thought leadership
- Best practice guidance
- 11 Faculties*, run by specialists in their field enhance your professional development
- Numerous Communities* covering a wide range of sectors to grow your specialist industry knowledge
- Further qualifications and leadership programmes to enhance your career and personal development
- Our jobs board for accountancy and finance vacancies
- Support from CABA on personal, financial and health matters, which includes a dedicated careers microsite
*Majority of Communities are free of charge but preferential rates apply on Faculties and certain Communities for ICAEW members
Our advisory services provide members with free, expert advice. You will have access to:
- The member service centre, for general enquiries about your membership
- Technical, ethical, legal and tax helplines
- Helpsheets and FAQs
- A practice support service for small practitioners
- Our volunteer team of 'support members' is on hand to confidentially discuss personal worries about health or family, money troubles or work-related concerns.
CABA, the Chartered Accountants Benevolent Association, is here for you to provide information and resources to support your wellbeing.
Here are some examples of ways in which CABA can help you:
Our worldwide and online networks provide opportunities to meet and socialise with other ICAEW Chartered Accountants via:
- Local events around the UK and worldwide*
- Regional and District Society groups around the UK
- Regional offices in Brussels, Dubai, Singapore and China
- City Groups in Dubai, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Kuala Lumpur
- A networking and support group in the US (ACAUS)
- Networking groups around Europe (CCAB)
- A network of contact members in 54 countries, providing you with a local point of contact
- Online networks where you can get involved in discussions, share your expertise and debate the latest developments.
*Some events are free and others have preferential rates for ICAEW members
As a chartered accountant the skills and expertise you’ve gained give you the opportunity to succeed in any career path you choose. We’ll help you to develop your skills even further to ensure you stay ahead.
ICAEW Academy of Professional Development
- Talent development programmes, to help fast-track your career. These programmes are designed to transform finance professionals into business leaders.
- Vast programme of CPD events to keep you up to date on the latest business and accountancy regulations.
- A suite of additional qualifications to develop further specialist skills.
Technical insight and sector specialisms
- Increase your technical skills and enhance your professional knowledge by joining one of our 11 faculties. These include, tax, IT, financial reporting and finance and management. You can also subscribe to faculties online, which gives access to the online resources of all seven faculties and their associated communities.
- Join a Community for chartered accountants working in a range of industry sectors and professional specialisms. There are numerous Communities including Healthcare, Restructuring & Insolvency, Farming & Rural Business, Entertainment, Sport & Media, and Solicitors.
Our member groups and networks provide great opportunities to meet and network with other ICAEW Chartered Accountants, share your views, and gain insight into other areas of the profession.
- Many of our district society offices organise events specifically for new members. Local groups are a great way to meet other members in your area.
- Participate in our vibrant online forum which features lively bloggers, including career experts and specialists from a range of accountancy fields
- Meet experts in a particular field or find out more about a business sector or technical field by joining one of our Communities or Faculties
- Register with LinkedIn and join the ICAEW group
From home insurance to discounted hotel accommodation, we have negotiated discounted rates exclusively for you. Our partners also provide negotiated benefits on a range of business services too. Terms and conditions apply.
As an ICAEW member you will have:
- free access to our Business Centre
- 10% discount on room hire for event bookings
- preferential rates for meeting rooms
Take a look at some of our success stories featuring professionals discussing their experience of taking the prestigious ACA qualification, and how this career has benefited them.