Disruptors, innovators, start-ups - exploring roles for accountants
This webinar took place on 2 March 2021.
This webinar would be of interest to anyone considering making a move from a practice or established corporate world into a start-up, as well as those with portfolio careers who are exploring expanding their portfolio into this space.
In this “Question Time” event we will be asking our panellists many of the questions you may be considering such as:
- What made you want to work at a start-up?
- How did you get your first role?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What advice would you give others starting out and of course what about risk, job security and salary in an environment that can be exhilarating but also precarious?
Our panel is drawn from members at different stages of their careers. Prakash Shah is a vastly experienced senior CFO and is Group CFO at uMotif, has his own business and is co-founder of Start-Up CFO.Joe Adams has a passion for the gaming industry and is soon to announce his next venture, having been at King when Candy Crush launched.Laura Beales is Head of Finance at Florence and has her own side hussle and Joe Gallard went from FD at carwow to becoming a start-up entrepreneur, launching his own business when he founded Reducer in 2018.
- Learn about the variety of roles for accountants in tech-start-ups, the kind of mindset needed to thrive in this environment
- Gain insights on how to identify the right start-up for you from this very noisy market-place. Why it is important to be passionate about the sector and product
- Discover where to go for support, the importance of networking and our speaker’s views on what is in store for the start-up space in 2021