Integrity and markets team - what we do
We encourage high standards of ethical behaviour by chartered accountants and the organisation they operate in by setting standards, issuing guidance and advancing the debate on ethical matters that affect the accountancy profession.
What we do
- prepare and publish the ICAEW’s Code of Ethics which our members must follow;
- issue and respond to consultations and representations which affect the accountancy profession and business generally;
- participate in relevant national and international committees, working parties and panels;
- collaborate with other organisations;
- and support our members by issuing guidance articles and speaking at events; advancing the debate on ethics in the accounting profession and business generally by conducting research and producing and publishing thought leadership reports.
- The Technical Advisory Services, which provide support for individual ethics queries from members, are a separate function. Details are available here.
Who we are
Tony Bromell BA FCA
Tony is Head of Integrity and Markets at ICAEW. He is a Chartered Accountant, having trained with what is now one of the Big Four firms and gone on to become a partner with a group A firm.
He is responsible for advising ICAEW on ethics and related policy matters, including maintaining and updating ICAEW’s code of ethics; liaising with other accountancy bodies and the FRC on ethics issues including auditor independence; and representing ICAEW in international ethics fora.
He also deals with a number of matters pertaining to external regulation of the profession, including aspects of audit market competition and auditor liability
Sophie Falcon, Integrity and Law Manager
Sophie is responsible for the areas of economic crime and ethics.
She is an Economics graduate and trained as a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser at PwC.
Prior to her current role she worked in Professional Standards, dealing with conduct complaints about tax and ethical matters.