What is the ICAEW Climate Champions initiative?
We aim to celebrate and support our individual members, students and firms who have made a commitment to tackle the climate crisis in their organisations or through supporting their clients. In addition, we want to showcase those acting in the wider climate space, whether that be in an advocacy role, embedding climate resilience, tackling nature loss or climate justice.
This was formerly the 1,000 Chartered Accountants’ Initiative.
Why should I take part?
As a chartered accountant you are well placed to be a trailblazer in the business community and have a larger impact across the whole economy. By signing up to being one of Climate Champions, you can celebrate your success while using your voice to inspire others to start on their own climate journey.
How can I take part?
You can take part in the ICAEW Climate Champions initiative if:
- your organisation has begun a journey to net zero and you have been instrumental in that process; or
- your organisation has been actively embedding climate resilience in their organisation or in the wider economy; or
- you have demonstrated climate leadership within your organisation, helped your client or worked with other organisations to drive action on the climate crisis and decarbonise the economy
How will you be celebrated?
- Showcased on our ICAEW Climate Champions honour roll
- A chance to be spotlighted in our quarterly Sustainability and Climate Change Community newsletter, sent to over 16,000 members
- Possible opportunities to speak at future ICAEW events
- Some applications will be developed into a longer case study, providing inspiration and leadership to other members.
Need support on your climate journey? Here are some organisations that can help measure your carbon footprint and channels to sign up to a pledge:
SaveMoneyCutCarbon – free consultation and discounts for ICAEW members
Net Zero Now – discounts and demos for ICAEW members
Auditel - free consultation for ICAEW members
Race to Zero Partners - find other organisations you can make your net zero pledge with
Race to Resilience - pledge to minimise business risk whilst building a climate resilience plan
Are you climate ready?
Are you professionally ready to mitigate the risk and maximise the opportunity of climate change? We at ICAEW are committed to enabling our members and the broader profession to respond to these challenges. Find resources, information, and inspiration on the ICAEW Climate Hub.