Role of the week - Volunteer Treasurer / Accountant at Free2B Alliance
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The role and person specification are summarised below.
General financial oversight
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements
- To liaise with designated staff about financial matters
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies
Financial planning and reporting
- To prepare the annual accounts to be filed with Companies House
- To prepare regular income statements for the committee
- To present financial reports to the committee
- To advise on the organisation’s reserves policy
- To advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans
To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.