Parjinder wants to ensure, in a time of immense societal, economic, and technological change, that ICAEW remains a beacon for the highest standards in the accountancy profession.
Parjinder has a wealth of experience in strategy formulation, change management, performance delivery and effective governance from his time as a director in the police service. He deploys these skills, within IRB, to maximise opportunities and mitigate risks to regulatory strategy, as the profession evolves.
Parjinder brings an analytical and evidence-based style which is grounded in his inquiring mindset. He is strongly minded to ensuring members receive excellent value for money from ICAEW’s professional standards activities. Ultimately, he is an ardent believer in the power of robust regulation to deliver enhanced public trust.
Declaration of Interests
Membership of, or interests in, formal bodies or groups, including other professional bodies
- Member of the Institute of Directors
- Member of the College of Medicine
Membership of ICAEW Council, ICAEW Boards and other ICAEW Committees
- ICAEW Regulatory Board (IRB)
Partnerships, Directorships or beneficial interests in companies
- Director of Parjinder Basra Ltd, which has no dealings with ICAEW
Professional or social relationships with individuals who have business relationships or who compete with ICAEW
- My wife is employed as Assistant General Counsel at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is one of the two founding bodies of the Association.
Any other matters you feel should be identified
- I am an Assistant Commissioner for the Boundary Commission for England.